What we collect
We may collect the following information via the form of secure cookies through your browser:
- Name and job title
- Contact information including email address
- Demographic information such as post code
- Other information relevant to customer surveys and offers
A cookie is a file containing an identifier that is sent by a web server to a web browser, and stored by the browser. The identifier is then sent back to the server each time the browser requests a page from the server. Cookies can be used by web servers to identify and track users as they navigate different pages on a website and to identify users returning to a website.
Cookies are small text files that are stored on your pc, phone or other web enabled device when you visit the Bens Cookies website. They are not harmful and do not contain any confidential information such as your home address, date of birth or credit card details.
Cookies are an essential part of how our site works. Some of these cookies are required by our site to enable you to transact whilst other cookies enable us to give you an enhanced, personalised web experience. By using this site, you also consent to the use of these cookies. Cookies are used on this site for the following reasons:
- To allow you to securely sign in to your Bens Cookies account so that you can use features such as order information and make payments.
- To store the content of your online shopping bag while you browse the website and complete your order.
- To record areas of the website that you have visited, products you have viewed and time spent browsing, as well as the products you purchased.
- We use this information to maintain the quality of the service we provide, develop our site design and improve our user friendly experience.
- To distribute visitors to our site evenly across platforms to ensure the content is served at the fastest possible speed.
What we do with the information we gather
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- Internal record keeping
- We may use the information to improve our products and services
- We may use the information to customise the website according to your interests.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
Controlling your personal information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- Whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website, look for the box that you can click to indicate that you do not want the information to be used by anybody for direct marketing purposes.
- We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law.
- If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to us or email us. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.